“Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world. Because even your shadow leaves you when you’re in darkness.”
She talks about going home. About how a familiar place, or face could seem so strange and different. Everything changes with time, as well as you. Things may be different for better or worse but nothing will ever be the same. You can’t repeat the past as much as you want to. You could try to but it wouldn’t be the same. You see because at that certain time and place in the past, there was that certain feeling and thoughts. Things grow every day, every minute. Every day you view something differently, you think something differently and you say something differently. Day by day you may not notice the change, but if you add up all the days from a certain time, you see that nothing is really the same as before.
1.) You become civic if and when you are forced to do something in your everyday life.
Example: recycling, saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
2.) You become civic by what you do and don’t do in life
3.) “You become civic by joining with others in common enterprise.”
4.) “You become civic when a civic infrastructure allows, encourages, and supports individual civic engagement.”
Example: Elections, Effective services, Courts, Justices
“If someone comments on your eating habits, eat them too.”
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2010.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
-Make an “A” in this course
-Improve writing skills. (grammar and vocabulary)
-Learn and remember something interesting to carry on in life
-Get to know the awesome Dr.C (:
I’m here because I chose this class. I chose to go to this school and I chose to sit next to my friend Andrian. I’m here to finish a year of college at GPC, so I can transfer down to Edison State in Florida to finish school to become a nurse. I’m here because it’s required but I don’t mind. Honestly, my writing skills aren’t so great but I’m glad Dr.C is my teacher. I’m here hoping she can help me improve greatly with my writing and language. I’m here because everything happens for a reason. I’m here because of the things I did in my past. I am here who I am today because of me.